Chai tea is one of my favorite year-round drinks. You can drink it warm in the winter or over ice in the summer. You can use caffeinated tea in the morning, or decaf at night. Basically, chai tea is the perfect go to beverage. But buying chai mix in stores or getting a chai latte from a coffee shop can easily put you over budget on calories, sugar and money.
This chai tea recipe is way better for your wallet and waist line and is very easy to make. By brewing the tea yourself and adding almond milk and just a bit of a natural sweetener, this is a delicious healthy option when you are craving a rich latte. Try adding this into your morning routine and wave at the coffee shop as you drive past!
Healthy Iced Chai Latte
Makes 1 serving
- 2 Chai tea bags
- ¾ cup of boiling water
- ¼ cup (or more) of Almond Milk
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
- Brew chai tea in ¾ cup of boiling water. I like mine stronger so will use 2 tea bags and steep for about 10 minutes. If using a large cup feel free to use extra water.
- After steeping, mix in cinnamon and honey or maple syrup to taste. I like to use a small blender for this recipe to mix these thoroughly, but it can be stirred in well.
- Add desired amount of almond milk, about ¼ cup or more if desired or to fill cup.
- Serve chai latte warm or pour over ice. This can be made ahead of time and chilled before adding to ice.