Want to impress friends and family with an amazing brunch? Try a quiche. These are a classic brunch meal; they are fluffy, savory and so filling. It sounds fancy and everyone will think you spent hours working on it!
I can’t ever decide on fillings and one never seems enough, so this recipe will make 2 quiches, one spinach and one bacon. Feel free to modify this to use your favorite ingredients and cheeses.
These are easy to make but are delicious, and everyone will think you are a pro for making an amazing quiche!
Makes 2 – 9″ Quiches
• 7 eggs
• ½ cup sour cream
• ¾ cup organic heavy whipping cream
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp nutmeg
• ½ tsp garlic powder
Ingredients to be split in half between both quiches
• 2 pie crusts
• 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
• 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
• 1 cup brie cheese, chopped
• ½ onion, diced
Bacon Cheese Quiche
• 5 slices bacon, chopped
Spinach Cheese Quiche
• 16 oz chopped spinach, thawed and drained if using frozen
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grate and chop cheese, thaw spinach and cook and chop bacon
2. Mix all ingredients for the quiche batter together in a large bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
3. Lay pie crusts into 2 x 9-inch pie or quiche pans and trim and fold edges as desired
4. Put onions and cheese into each pie pan, dividing evenly between both
5. Add bacon to one quiche and spinach to the other
6. Pour batter over quiche filling until full. It will rise a bit as it bakes so do not overfill
7. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until fluffy and golden, keep an eye on the crust, if the edges are cooking too fast you can cover them with foil to slow it down
8. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for something a little sweeter for breakfast?
Have you made this yet? Let us know in the comments what your favorite fillings are and how this worked for you!