Having a delicious seafood meal doesn’t have to be expensive. These paleo salmon patties are so easy to make, will satisfy your seafood craving, and best of all it’s good for you! This recipe is paleo and gluten free but can be modified with regular or almond flour. I use a high quality canned salmon and organic peppers and eggs.
My favorite canned salmon is Wild Planet Wild Alaskan Salmon. The salmon is sustainably caught and packed in a BPA free can, and it tastes wonderful and fresh. Get it cheap from Thrive Market.
You can serve this with a vegetable or side salad but it could also be used as a sandwich for a more casual meal. Try this with cocktail or tartar sauce, or my favorite, a homemade honey mustard made with honey and stone ground mustard. This is great for week nights or can be dressed up for a more formal meal and everyone will love it!
Paleo Salmon Patties
Makes 4 – 3oz servings
- 2 – 6oz cans of salmon: boneless, skinless and drained
- 1/3 cup of diced bell peppers
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsps of coconut flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsps coconut oil
- In large bowl use a fork to break the salmon into smaller pieces.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and peppers and mix well.
- Add coconut flour and mix.
- Add eggs and combine.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Shape salmon mix into patties of about 6 two inches wide.
- Cook over medium high heat until browned, about 4 minutes per side. If it is browning to fast you can always put in the oven at a low temperature to continue cooking while you work on side items.
- Serve with a side like these delicious Brussels Sprouts, or on a sandwich with desired sauce. Try a homemade honey mustard!