It seems like brussels sprouts are often overlooked in the grocery store. These “little cabbages” are often overshadowed by more popular produce, and many people assume they won’t like them. This could not be further from the truth, properly cooked brussels sprouts are not only healthy, but can be a delicious side to any meal, or can be the main focus of a vegetarian meal. They are very versatile to cook and flavor so they go great with anything.
Roasting really brings out their flavor while making them tender with a slight crisp on the outside. This could even be adapted to cook in foil on the grill for a cookout. Try pairing with steak, chicken or salmon for a delicious healthy meal!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder or diced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rinse and prep brussels, trim ends and remove any blemished leaves
- Set in pan and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder until all covered
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven, stir, and return to oven without foil cover
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until tender
Serve and enjoy!