I love how warm and delicious steel cut oats are in the morning. They’re fun to experiment with to suit your cravings, and they’re so easy to make. I came up with this recipe while trying to find a way to add more protein into my diet and was very pleased with the results! The oats are cooked like normal with protein added towards the end to keep them smooth and flavorful. I use a vanilla protein which adds a delicious flavor to go along with the cinnamon and syrup. Try these in the morning for a protein packed breakfast!
Trying to lose weight by adding more protein to your diet? Here are 50 more tips to get you started!
Protein Packed Steel Cut Oats
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup + 1 tsp for garnish
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/4 cup berries of choice
- Pour almond milk in medium pan and heat over medium high heat until boiling
- Stir in oats and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add cinnamon, and honey or maple syrup to sweetness, stir well
- Add 1/2 scoop of protein powder and mix well before adding other 1/2 scoop
- Allow to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes
- Serve with additional tsp of honey or maple syrup and berries
Looking for more?