This pot roast is tender, moist, and best of all easy to make. This will take about 6 hours total in the crock pot but you will need to add ingredients every hour or two. I used grass fed beef and organic produce to keep it as healthy as possible, but it tastes so rich you won’t know it’s healthy! Try this one next time you need an easy dinner that will please the whole family!
Savory Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Makes 6 – 8 servings
- 2 lbs Scotch Tender Roast or other pot roast
- 1 lb organic baby carrots
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 – 2 cups of red wine (I used a Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 – 2 cups of water
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste (about 1-2 tablespoons of each)
- Place Scotch tenders side by side in a large crock pot.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add water and cook on high for 1-2 hours, this will create a beef broth.
- Add potatoes and mushrooms and 1 red wine to cover. Cover and cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Add carrots and cover and cook 1-2 hours until tender. For meat to be very tender it will cook for about 6 hours total in the crock pot.
- Serve and enjoy!