If you are looking for classic comfort food then looking no further. This is my best lasagna recipe, I go to this first thing whenever I get a craving for Italian food. Try this easy homemade marinara sauce to really make this dish special. Try this one out, I’m sure you’ll love it!
The Best Lasagna
Makes about 12 servings
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 12 oz chopped spinach
- 6 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 package of lasagna noodles
- About 7 cups of marinara sauce, homemade or store bought
- Brown ground beef in a large cooking pot. Drain out most of the grease and add marinara sauce to meat and simmer.
- Grease 9x 13 pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl combine ricotta cheese, egg, 3 oz parmesan and spinach. Mix until combined.
- Boil lasagna noodles and drain. Toss in olive oil if needed to keep from sticking together.
- Lay first layer of noodles and spread 1/3 of ricotta cheese mixture over the top. Pour about ¼ of marinara meat sauce over the top and sprinkle with parmesan. Lay slices of mozzarella on top.
- Repeat step 5 with two more layers, ending with meat sauce with cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
In the mood for other comfort food?